Monday, January 5, 2009

An Emotional Layout

Ok, so I'm doing the Amazing Digital Scrapbooking Race (ADSR) with my partner Xandra of Starving Artist Designs. (Check out her blog by clicking the link on the right. She's an amazing designer.) The race just started yesterday, and I was totally excited and completely nervous. So...Our first assignment was:

My challenge for you is to
1) Rip and tear a photo into three or more pieces! (that's a photo, not papers!)
2) Use journaling on your layout (something I stress is SO important).
Journaling: Dictionary.com: A personal record of occurrences, experiences, and reflection

So, I start thinking about pictures that I could use that could be torn apart to use for this challenge. And what came to my mind is that my fiance and I are currently "torn apart" by the fact that he's in Denver at the moment. So, I decided that theme would work for this challenge. The LO came out well, despite the fact that I had tears streaming down my face the entire time I was working on it. It's hard. I miss him more than words can describe. But...in a way this LO was therapeutic. It made me realize that even though we're over 1000 miles apart, it doesn't matter, because in the end, our hearts are still connected. It got me to thinking of other couples I know who are apart in distance, due to jobs, military, or whatever the reason. So, my point in sharing this LO with you all is to encourage those of you who are in my situation. Hang in there. Stay strong. Love Endures.

Live, Laugh, Love...
Here's the LO...


The kit used for this page was Sweet Deceit from Pineapple Plantation Designs, available at Scrap Orchard.

2 comments:

Omaha Lacrosse Club said...

great layout hon! (and you used my kit! Wheeeee!!)

Love the blog! :)

Mitch said...

This is freakin awesome Sally. I can't believe Mat hasn't seen this yet!