Saturday, January 24, 2009

Matt

My best friend passed away in July of 2007. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him, and miss him. Somedays, I forget for a moment, and think that I need to call him and tell him some goofy thing that happened, just because I know he would laugh at my goofiness. Then I remember that I can't call him, and I wonder, if he can see from where he is, and if he's laughing about it. The truth is, I can't describe how much I miss him. Before he died, I talked to him EVERY day, and saw him almost every day. Every joy, sorrow, victory, loss, pain, thrill for over six years were shared with him. He was with me for the lowest moments of my life, and for the highest. He and Mat grew very close, became like brothers. One of my greatest regrets is that he won't be there for our wedding. He would have loved it. Yesterday was his birthday. He would have been 32. It doesn't sit right for me that the wonderful man he was, was lost to me, to Mat, and to the world when he was only 30 years old. I can only hope, that wherever he is, he knows, how much I loved him, love him still, and miss him, with every bit of my heart. I scrapped this LO in honor of him. It's the first I've done of him, and will probably be the last. Some things just hurt too much. I miss you buddy.



Matt's page was created with the "Burnt Beauty" kit by Ashalee Wall.

2 comments:

bunnynose said...

I'm so sorry about your loss, Sally. It must be really hard to loose such a best friend. I'm sure he's always with you, watching over you. I'm sending you a big, big cyber hug to you. (((((Sally))))).

Laramie said...

I am hoping you can help. I clicked on your blog at SBG Blinkie. I have tried to put one on my blog but it won't blink. How do you get it from your favorite designers site to your own? I would love to hear how you did it.

Laramie artgalstyle.blogspot.com

artgal62@yahoo.com